Friday, July 29, 2011

Filofax Finchley Expandable Tote Bag

Here are some photos of my new gorgeous red Filofax Finchley expandable tote!
 Here is the back, with a zip pocket:
Detail of buckle and logo
Interior pockets
Snap at top for tote, or snap at bottom for handbag

 Here it is with the sides snapped down into Handbag mode:

Detail of snap in Handbag mode
Even in Handbag Mode it's still very roomy. Here's my personal Filofax Finsbury at the bottom. Helloooooo down there!
Here's my A5 Finsbury in the bag, in Handbag mode. Despite peeking out the top, the bag would actually zip fine.  In Tote mode, the bag holds A4 size (letter size) files and notebooks with room to spare.

As usual with me, there is a backstory...

A year and a half ago when I was in London, I visited the Filofax shop. Among the other wonderful goodies there, I fell in love with this Finchley tote.  I loved the wonderful soft leather, and especially the functionality of two bags in one. It's a handbag! That expands into a tote!  I reeeeeaaaaalllly wanted it. And, it was discontinued! EEEP!  But sadly, it was way out of my price range so I figured it would never be mine.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago finding it at $100 OFF and suddenly IT'S MINE!!  MWAA  HA HA HAAAAAA!

I ordered this tote from www.PensAndLeather.com. They are having an amazing Filofax closeout sale, click here to see. Right now there are only TWO of the red Finchley totes left, click here to nab one before it's too late!!  (Sorry for the blatant enabling! I'm not affiliated with Pens And Leather, I just can't resist a good enabling opportunity when I see one. ;D )

I'm not normally a red person, but I love the look and feel of this leather. It makes me want a red personal Finchley Filofax binder to match!!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice bag Laurie, I think it's clever the way it converts from one mode to the other, very neat.

    Now for a blokes viewpoint or idea!

    OK so in hand bag mode you could go down to one strap? May be diagonally across the bag from one buckle to the other? Just an idea... although it would depend on how much 'stuff' you were carrying with one strap it might get a little out of shape....

    You know me to always take a different view on these things!

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve! Interesting idea, but I wouldn't want to do that. Because the zip goes all along the top of the bag, having the handle cross over the bag would mean I'd have to reach through the handle when zipping/ unzipping which would be too fiddly for me. And despite the straps looking long in the photo, they only just go over the shoulder. I used the buckles to lengthen the straps a couple of inches so the bag isn't right under my arm (living in a tropical country...sweating issues...I won't elaborate).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah of course... proves I'm not really a handbag person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! An enabler you certainly are! I have just recently become a Filofax convert and discovered Philofaxy. Then I happened upon this blog and your post on this bag! Thank you so much for writing about it! Pens and Leather now only has ONE red one left, thanks to me!

    I've been toying with posting a comment on Philofaxy instead of just lurking...in less than three weeks I have obtained 5 FF planners! And now the bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy whoa, I really love this bag, didn't even know Filofax made them! Looks really great quality! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your purple finsbury....I'm in love with this color

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...